miércoles, 5 de diciembre de 2012

JAIL

I've had several friends ask me what is it like to be in prison, so I thought I'd give you a brief version of what it's like in the Broward County Jail.  Later I will tell you about the Federal Prison in Miami.  No one can understand what it is like in prison unless you have been in prison.  The difference between Broward and Miami is in the professionalism or the lack of professionalism in which they run the prison, the food, the guards, the way they treat you, they are both MAX Security but Miami is a country club by comparison to Broward.  When I was first arrived in Broward I was the only white man there, though no one gave me a hard time. One reason was that I was in the newspapers and they thought it was cool that I was a fugitive for so long.
    
     So my status was and still is as someone who got over on the government, I DO NOT SEE IT THAT WAY.
The five months in Broward was HELL, they wake you up at 3:30 in the morning every day; breakfast was, sorry no eggs and bacon, only bologna sandwich everyday.  NO BOOKS so your time goes real slow, we were on lock down 18 to 20 hours a day, only once a week we were allowed outside to have some fresh air and even then only for 1 hour.  The guards arbitrarily search are cells at least three times a week for contraband, many of times I was caught with contraband (like a packet of jelly) I would just laugh and say to the guards YA I know lock down.  After a month there where more white and Spanish inmates, I got along with all of them and I got along with most of the guards.  There was a  black women who was a guard, she was on the night shift and for some reason she liked me.  When we were on lock down at night she would make her rounds I would say to her joking; girl you be looking good tonight; my roommate would say to me Malone you are the only one who can get away with that, anyone else would go to the hole but we had alot of laughs.  Broward is where the government squeezes the life out of you until you say OK I'll say whatever you want...So I was overwhelmed when they told me I was going to Miami, the hardest part was behind me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario